Thursday 28 August 2014

Work Station

In my previous life I had my own work station which in some establishments is referred to as a pod or a cubicle.  The walls are temporary and may be short or tall.  There is no door.  Sometimes the lighting can be challenging.  I found that the fluorescent lights tended to induce headaches so I had them turned off.

These days my work station is quite different.  There is no pod or cubicle, no walls or door either.  The lighting varies daily and I have no control over the intensity.  I must dress for the outdoor temperature whereas I used to dress for the indoor temperature which always seemed to be cold in summer and hot in winter.  You'd think the government would figure out how to control the temperature in its office buildings....





Here is my work station. This is my own patch of the Canadian Shield!  My chair is not ergonomic but then I don't sit it in for very long in a day.  My chair is very portable and can go anywhere on our acreage.  My tools, as depicted here, include my cute little rifle and my current knitting project.



Here is one of the many expansive views I enjoy regularly.  Serene and pastoral, happily grazing sheep.  The sheep in the foreground are the lambs; they are almost as big as their mothers now.  From various perches where I move my chair I can enjoy the view of the sheep.  My presence is as important a deterrent to coyotes as my seeing the sheep.





I need some dish cloths so I have knit up this one while sitting at my work station on my piece of the Canadian Shield. I have begun a second one now.  Actually this is my third one.  I didn't care for the first one so I ripped it out and started again.


On several mornings recently it has been foggy with heavy moisture in the air.  In my work bag I usually carry a camera.  I spent some time the other morning finding photogenic spider webs and this is one of the better shots.

This is all part of the view from my work station.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kelly for a wonderful visit. Your farm is amazing along with all your beautiful creatures! I see the dish cloth you gave me was knitted on your shepherdess duties! Love your sheep and the dogs! Thanks again! xxoo

    ReplyDelete