Tuesday 5 May 2015

Lambs abound

Hubby has been enjoying gathering photos of the critters, especially the newborns.  And I've had several requests for photos.  So here are a few.

This year we have blue ear tags for the boys and red ear tags for the girls.

They look so tiny when they are out in the pasture!

Can you eat it? 

Ear tags are essential.  They all look the same to me too!



There are more males than females so far this year.

Nap time!  The adult sheep nearby are yearlings born here last year.  They have not yet lambed.

These are Polar Bear's twins, about twelve hours old.  I love the turned up tips on the ears of the male on the right.  This is a feature of the ram's breeding.

I wonder if it is instinctive for babies to play on this well cover?

The lamb has approached Ruby and she is carefully staying down as she knows if she gets up she will startle the lamb.  It is expected that the dogs will bond closely with this year's lambs.

Maremmas are known not to be obedient so I can assure you we did not set up this photo!  Wonderfully, this is what they do - and I tell them, "Stay with your sheep".


No comments:

Post a Comment