Saturday 8 February 2014

Catching up

Okay, so we're here!  It's real, we're here!  This is our first weekend together at The Farm.

Last weekend, Doug and Michelle graciously offered their truck to haul a uhaul trailer.  Doug was great, very experienced packing a trailer.  When we had loaded all I had planned to take, we filled up the remaining space with additional things I had packed in preparation for showing the house, along with some dojo stuff.  There was snow in the forecast but it was all fine.  Dmytry came to help and was very thankful for my preparations.  We finished loading in roughly an hour.

At The Farm, Lisa arrived.  How absolutely wonderful that she drove all that way to help with the work and the celebration!  Unfortunatly, - depending on your perspecitve - D.R. was off on exercise.  When Doug and Michelle and the boys arrived, together we were about an hour unloading.  Doug and Lisa unloaded the trailer and Michelle and the boys and I took things at the door and put them in their place - well, sort of.  We were about an hour unloading. 

Then, Lisa had a snooze while the rest of us went snowshoeing.  We went back to the cabin.  Doug was thrilled with the wood burning cookstove, saying he'd put it in the house.  We returned via the barn and had a little tour there.  Oh, and the boys played with Beau and all had lots of fun.

At the house there was chili and banana fruit loaf, and coffee and wine...  Our tummies were filled and soothed and the woodstove crackled away. 

Doug and Michelle headed back to the City.  I am so thankful for their help and enthusiasm. 

Lisa and I enjoyed chatting, sharing more wine and cleaning. 

The next morning, Lisa and I went snowshoeing, walking the entire property route, back, across and up the other side of the geographical features down the centre of the property.  We were tuckered as was dog.  I had a spill due to Beau's standing on my snowshoes.  He bounced.  He jumped / hopped as if he were a rabbit.  I had to stop and just laugh I was so amused by this behaviour.  He got very tired.  We all did.  The temperature had increased, causing the snow to be heavier and harder to navigate.  It was a great workout.

So, now, we are a week later.  D.R. and I are discussing where to place furniture, ideas about this and that.  We read the junk mail and went in to Brockville to purchase a new gun cabinet that was son sale.  Oh, and we went to Mallorytown.  D.R. had checked out the grocery store the night before when he went to get beer.  He gave me the tour.  There is a deli and butcher counter.  Actually I think there was greater selection of many things compare to the No Frills at which I had shopped at Gananoque the day before.

We now also have internet.  This required a trip into Lansdowne.  The service was incredible and the internet was available immediately.  The gal said I had to come back and pick up things and if I didn't get back by closing they'd leave it in a bag on the back door. 

Loving this, we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment