Tuesday 11 February 2014

Meeting the neighbours

It's been a busy day.

The furnace folks were here before 8 and replaced the motor on the furnace.  It's much quieter now and should see us through a few more years while we decide what to do regarding heating.  The fellow is really looking forward to more business from us - which he will get - and charged a low amount.  He's been here three times in a week and has not always had good news to share.

I washed doors, a total of 3 today.  It is a process, I keep telling myself.  Stay focused on THE door...

After lunch I headed out with a small list.  I stopped at the neighbour's, recommended to me by the seller as a connection to acquire some sheep.  We had a brief chat on the porch in the very cold day that was today.  She's not sure they want to part with ten sheep.  I said to think on it.  I was introduced to the Great Pyrenees who, after warming up, came looking for lots of pets.  The neighbour shared that there are many coyotes, that they have heard 6 or 8 at night recently, down my way.

Next stop was to drop off the phone bill payment, then to the feed store down the street.  I checked it out; what a HUGE selection.  As it turns out I was able to order ready to lay hens from the big place and they will be delivered to this small feed store.  I was the first person to place an order.  They will arrive about March 19th.  Keep them shut in at night, he advised.  In addition he advised that the folks with whom I have connected for sheep and hay will take good care of me.

Final stop in the village was the post office.  Then off home by a different route.

Upon return dog and I headed out for a snowshoe.  He as most insistent.  I was curious about some tracks I could see.  They were canine and from there I could see snowmobile tracks so we investigated those.  Then we moved through some brush and found another path, and more snowmobile tracks.  Then we headed back to the house.  Oh, and then I walked around the deck and took photos.


Birch to south-west




Facing west down the drive from front door



Front door




Facing south-east

  
Facing north east to barn



1 comment:

  1. More pictures please! I want to see more pictures of this wonderful piece of paradise!

    ReplyDelete